I’ve found through writing this blog that it’s hard to stay motivated at the best of times, and it’s nearly impossible when you aren’t feeling your best. So I’ve made this list of ways to become or stay motivated, mostly for myself, but also for you.
- Write a to-do list or update your planner. Even if it feels like you have a mountain of work to do, writing it down will make you at least feel organized about how to get it all done.
- Remember that you’re capable of success, just like everyone else. It might feel like you are lagging behind everyone else, but it’s unlikely that you actually are.
- Make sure you’re hydrated and well fed. A car can’t run on empty and neither can you. Coffee and energy drinks are also good for a brief jolt, but don’t make a habit out of drinking them, especially not on an empty stomach. That goes for food too, junk food is satisfying for a moment but ultimately won’t help your body or brain function at full capacity.
- Be realistic about successes and failures. If you do poorly at something, don’t chalk it up to how shitty you are, just remember that failures happen, and everything is a learning experience.
- Clean up! Almost everyone I know works better in a clutter-free environment, so take a moment to clean up your work-space.
Hopefully these tips are helpful to you! Remember, you have the same number of hours in a day as everyone else!